Skip to main content

D'Ville

We made it here to Deltaville Tuesday evening, and it's been a whirlwind since then. This is just a short update, I'll tell more when I get some pictures. We've been hanging out every evening with my old friend Wes and his son Wes, who've been a great help getting us settled in. We've had a truck to use around town, and Wednesday we pulled into a slip at the Deltaville Marina on Jackson Creek. A nice place with a swimming pool, great facilities, close to town, a swimming pool, full service boat yard, screened patio with grill, and did I mention, a swimming pool!
Lots more to write, but I'll leave it for after the weekend. It's crazy with festivities here this weekend, and in a one road town that means we need to get all of our errands done before the crowds come. We have to leave the marina and go anchor for the night of the 4th because they are booked full that night, so I'll update more when we get back to the dock.

Comments

  1. Good old Deltaville !!!! Glad you guys are there and having fun. I remember 4th of July weekend there from 96 and it is damn crazy. Lots of fun !!

    I'm in the Big D (Dallas) today and for the 4th at my buddy Magic's house. Will spend tomorrow on the lake in his boat with about a thousand other boats and lost of the normal things. Girls wearing Texas flag bikinis... lots of 'show me your tits' signs made up and plenty of girls doing it... Normal Big D 4th of July shenanigans. It'll be fun. Then the next morning at 5 AM I'll head out and drive the 800 miles to Denver. Jake is liking a break from the driving.. we drove 1300 miles straight from Punta Gorda to hear and he kept wondering..'are we there yet dad?' You could tell that was what he was doing by the way he looked at me and barked.

    Enjoy the 4th in Deltaville !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy the blog, please feel free to leave comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Chief of the Boat

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." Mark Twain We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really. ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth Chief 12/12/95 - 5/8/2010 Rest in peace, little buddy

The Adventure always continues...

This is the Blog of the Sailing Vessel Felix. Felix has been sold, so I probably won't update the blog much more, just leave it here for posterity and start another one. This blog was primarily the record of our trip from North Lake Worth, Florida up to the Chesapeake Bay and our summer there before moving back to Florida. Because Blogger won't let me rearrange the posts into chronological order, it has to be this 'latest post first' format, here is the link to the beginning of the journey . You'll just have to select the posts by month and read in reverse order. I hope you enjoy, and I'll post up the new blog here whenever and wherever it begins. Thanks

Sailing Felix

A little late, but I finally got the cable I needed for uploading video. Here's Felix sailing up the Pamlico Sound of North Carolina in June of 2009. Felix is for sale, you can find out more about her here.