Skip to main content

The Opel

Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams shattered. I think, 'It's better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'" - Babe Ruth
Went and checked on the Opel electric car project vehicle today. We were going to tow it back to the shop, but have a few obstructions to clear along the path out of the woods, and need to take some air for the tires back with us. We'll make a thorough inspection of the underbody once we get it back to the shop. The body is a little rough, but nothing that can't be fixed. Sweet lines!!

Comments

  1. The car should be perfect. My buddy had one of those back in 1980, it was a fun car.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy the blog, please feel free to leave comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Chief of the Boat

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." Mark Twain We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really. ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth Chief 12/12/95 - 5/8/2010 Rest in peace, little buddy

The Adventure always continues...

This is the Blog of the Sailing Vessel Felix. Felix has been sold, so I probably won't update the blog much more, just leave it here for posterity and start another one. This blog was primarily the record of our trip from North Lake Worth, Florida up to the Chesapeake Bay and our summer there before moving back to Florida. Because Blogger won't let me rearrange the posts into chronological order, it has to be this 'latest post first' format, here is the link to the beginning of the journey . You'll just have to select the posts by month and read in reverse order. I hope you enjoy, and I'll post up the new blog here whenever and wherever it begins. Thanks

Sailing Felix

A little late, but I finally got the cable I needed for uploading video. Here's Felix sailing up the Pamlico Sound of North Carolina in June of 2009. Felix is for sale, you can find out more about her here.