Skip to main content

St. Augustine to Pine Island

As promised Tom from Irish Sail Lady delivered our repaired mainsail to us yesterday morning, so at slack tide in the afternoon with the boat pointing into the wind we ran it back up the stick and furled it in. Up at 5 am this morning, we had the anchor aboard by 6 and made the 6:30 am opening of the Bridge of Lions. After a detour into Camachee Cove Marina for 38 gallons of diesel and a topping of the water tanks, we were back underway at 8:15 and heading north to the Pine Island anchorage. We arrived with one other boat already here, the beautiful Hinckley Bermuda 40 'Freedom'. Plans are for a leisurely but hot and windless afternoon watching the multitude of dolphins feed around us in the obviously fishy anchorage. Still trying to decide what the plan is for the next few days, the weather is forecasting "nocturnal surge events" for the next few days. Not exactly sure what that means, it's the first time we've ever seen that terminology, but guessing we may get some gusty nighttime winds and we want to be sure that we're securely anchored. We've got both hooks in the mud here today, mostly just to practice for the heavy current areas that we'll be passing through in GA and SC during the coming weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chief of the Boat

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." Mark Twain We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really. ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth Chief 12/12/95 - 5/8/2010 Rest in peace, little buddy

The Adventure always continues...

This is the Blog of the Sailing Vessel Felix. Felix has been sold, so I probably won't update the blog much more, just leave it here for posterity and start another one. This blog was primarily the record of our trip from North Lake Worth, Florida up to the Chesapeake Bay and our summer there before moving back to Florida. Because Blogger won't let me rearrange the posts into chronological order, it has to be this 'latest post first' format, here is the link to the beginning of the journey . You'll just have to select the posts by month and read in reverse order. I hope you enjoy, and I'll post up the new blog here whenever and wherever it begins. Thanks

Sailing Felix

A little late, but I finally got the cable I needed for uploading video. Here's Felix sailing up the Pamlico Sound of North Carolina in June of 2009. Felix is for sale, you can find out more about her here.