Skip to main content

Chief of the Boat

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." Mark Twain














We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot














Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really. ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull













I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth


Chief 12/12/95 - 5/8/2010 Rest in peace, little buddy

Comments

  1. Chief, you may be gone but you will never be forgotton!

    Pav

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a special little guy, I will miss him.
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. All dogs go to heaven, we have to work at it! What makes a great dog............ great owners, sorry to hear the Chief has gone over, he will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear of chief's passing.I just heard of this this past weekend.Him and Sam are off doing doggie things now like chasing critters and digging holes and such ,and waiting on us to come be with them again.I will see you Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy the blog, please feel free to leave comments!

Popular posts from this blog

The Adventure always continues...

This is the Blog of the Sailing Vessel Felix. Felix has been sold, so I probably won't update the blog much more, just leave it here for posterity and start another one. This blog was primarily the record of our trip from North Lake Worth, Florida up to the Chesapeake Bay and our summer there before moving back to Florida. Because Blogger won't let me rearrange the posts into chronological order, it has to be this 'latest post first' format, here is the link to the beginning of the journey . You'll just have to select the posts by month and read in reverse order. I hope you enjoy, and I'll post up the new blog here whenever and wherever it begins. Thanks

Sailing Felix

A little late, but I finally got the cable I needed for uploading video. Here's Felix sailing up the Pamlico Sound of North Carolina in June of 2009. Felix is for sale, you can find out more about her here.